This loan program can provide you with a loan of up to $50,000 at zero percent! These seven-year terms are available to qualifying customers who are installing any of the following:
- Central heating systems
- Central air conditioning
- Ductless air conditioning
- Mini split heat pumps (heating and cooling)
All qualifying systems must be installed by a qualified Mass Save contractor.
2023 Mass Save Rebate Changes
Heat pump rebates stay steady in 2023 while high efficiency furnace and boiler rebates take a dip. Details regarding the 2023 Mass Save rebate changes are listed below:
- Air Source Heat Pumps (Whole Home) – In 2022, the rebate was $10,000 per Home and it remains the same in 2023.
- Hot Air Furnace with ECM (Propane – 95 percent AFUE – Tier II ) – The 2022 rebate was $750 per unit and the 2023 rebate has dropped to $500 per unit.
- Hot Air Furnace with ECM (Natural Gas – 95 percent AFUE – Tier II) – In 2022, the rebate was $750 per unit and in 2023, the rebate has dropped to $500 per unit.
- Air Source Heat Pumps (Partial Home) – The same $1,250 per ton rebate that applied in 2022 still applies in 2023.
- Hot Air Furnace with ECM (Natural Gas – 97 percent AFUE – Tier II) – In 2023, the rebate is $1,000 per unit, which is a decrease from the 2022 rebate of $1,250 per unit.
The Mass Save program is offering rebates, but they may not last forever. With the possibility that they could be reduced or even eliminated by 2025, it's wise to seize the opportunity now and take advantage of these savings while you can. Make a move before 2024 ends and secure your rebate before it disappears.
Gas & Propane Heating Rebate – Up to $2,000
This program allows you to claim a rebate of up to $2,000 for installing a qualifying heating system in your home. The amount of your rebate depends on the type of system you install and how energy-efficient it is. For example, the maximum rebate is only available to forced hot water gas boiler systems with an AFUE rating of 95 percent or higher. Forced hot-air gas furnaces with a 95 percent rating are eligible for a rebate of up to $1,000. A complete breakdown of this rebate can be found here.
To qualify for a rebate with gas equipment, you must be an MA residential gas customer of Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas, Columbia Gas, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid, or Unitil. For electric equipment, you must be a MA residential electric customer of Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
Heat Pumps - Electric Heating & Cooling - Up to $1,250/ton
Electric heating options are more eco-friendly than oil or propane heating systems, and the state of Massachusetts has incentivized the switchover to these systems with a rebate program. Customers can receive up to $1,250 per ton when they install an electric heat pump to provide supplemental heat to their existing oil or propane heating unit. Customers can also save up to $10,000 in rebates when they install heat pumps as the sole source of heating and cooling in their homes.
This program also offers rebates for the following:
- Up to $250/ton for qualifying central heat pump systems
- Up to $250/ton for qualifying ductless heat pump systems
- Up to $50/ton for qualifying central air conditioning systems
High-Efficiency Water Heaters – Up to $750
Water heaters also consume a lot of energy, and you’ll be glad to know that you might qualify for a rebate if the time has come to replace yours.
- Propane-powered water heaters may receive a rebate of up to $550.
- Gas-powered water heaters may receive a rebate of up to $550.
- Electric heat pump water heaters may receive a rebate of up to $750.
These rebates are all subject to conditions and do change frequently. We encourage you to contact us for additional details.
Mass Save Approved – Heat Pump Installer Network
Morris is proud to be a certified contractor and member of Mass Save’s Heat Pump Installer Network (HPIN). This means we have Mass Save’s stamp of approval and are trained and certified to install high efficiency heat pump equipment.
As an HPIN member, we have exclusive access to rebates and incentive programs that other contractors don’t, as well as education and training material that keeps us on the cutting edge of energy efficient equipment and best practices. Rely on Morris Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for a professional installation every time. Call today for a free estimate.
Speak with a member of our team to learn more about available rebates today! Dial (978) 961-0338.