Burst pipe repair in Essex County is a job for a professional plumber. Leaving the job to an experienced professional ensures that your home is protected from additional damage that can result from a shoddy repair. We have more than two decades of experience and skilled technicians to get the job done right. However, there are steps you can take to minimize the damage to your home.
Steps to take when waiting for a plumber include:
- Shut off the water
- Use a bucket to collect the water to minimize damage
- Turn on a faucet to relieve pressure in the pipe
- Clean up the water to prevent damage to your home
- Completely clean and dry the affected area to prevent mold growth
Taking fast action and calling a professional to fix the damaged pipe are essential for minimizing the damage to your home. Water from a burst pipe can destroy your flooring, furnishings, drywall, and can even cause structural damage. The wet atmosphere creates the ideal condition for mold growth, so drying everything out is essential for a safe and healthy home. Our technicians will make sure your pipe is fixed to your complete satisfaction.
Please call (978) 961-0338 for immediate assistance with a burst pipe.
“We could not have asked for a better team and are very happy that we decided to trust Morris to get the job done.”- The Lim Family
Causes of Burst Pipes
When a pipe bursts, it is generally the result of too much stress on the pipe, which causes it to break open and start flooding your home. There are a few common causes of burst pipes.
Pipes may burst as a result of:
- Frozen pipes – Cold weather can cause the water to freeze inside the pipe. This causes the water to expand, creating additional pressure inside the pipe walls. When the pressure builds to a point where it needs to escape, it will burst right through the pipe or a weak joint.
- Corrosion – Pipes may corrode due to age or a pH imbalance in your water. As
- Water pressure – A sudden increase in water pressure or water pressure that is too high can cause a pipe to rupture.
- Moving pipes – When pipes aren’t properly secured during installation, they may move back and forth when the water is turned on or off. This can weaken the joints and result in the pipe bursting.
Understanding the reason that a pipe bursts is essential for performing an efficient repair and preventing the problem from happening again. For example, if freezing, corrosion, or high water pressure is the reason the pipe burst, it is important to address that issue to avoid future burst pipes.
Professional Burst Pipe Repair
Regardless of the cause of your problem, we offer burst pipe repair in Essex County to provide a lasting solution. Our experienced plumbers start by inspecting your plumbing, assessing the water pressure, and identifying the cause of the rupture. This allows us to perform the most efficient repair for that pipe and prevent future burst pipes.