Flowers are blooming, the grass is greener, and trees are filled with new leaves. For some of us, these signs of spring and early summer can only mean one thing…allergies.
Allergy season can get the best of us and some years are worse than others but for those of us with allergies it’s like a miserable cold which feels like it’s never going to end. With the right tips and tricks, however, the air your home can be the one place you can get some relief. Many think just using air conditioning systems will filter out the nasty allergens from the air, but this isn’t always the case. With the warm weather fast approaching, it is imperative to ensure that your air conditioning system is clean and working properly.
Follow along to find out the best ways to minimize allergies in your home!
- Maintenance – It is recommended that every person maintain their AC system annually but this is especially important for allergy sufferers. Dirty coils and dirty filters often clogged with pollen equal dirty air. Do not skip this important service.
- Check your indoor vents –Are they clean and free of dust as well?
- Windows – Pollen and dust are free to invade your home through open windows, even with window screens open. Remember to keep your windows closed as your AC can help keep filtered air throughout your home. Only open them when the wind is calm. Fix or replace any broken or drafty windows. Consider replacing drapes and blinds with washing-machine safe materials.
- Monitor the humidity in your home. At Morris Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning we have many options available. Consult your Comfort Advisor for the best solution for your family.
- Go ductless – Ductless heating and AC systems have reusable filters, many of which lasts up to 10 years. Because these filters are washable and easy to clean, allergy sufferers can easily clean them on a regular basis, unlike traditional systems. The Mitsubishi ductless system also offers a multistage filtration system which is excellent for allergy sufferers. For more info on single and multi-zone ductless systems, watch: https://morrisheatingandair.com/ductless-heating-and-ac/
If you suffer from allergies you may have heard toss the carpets, keep draperies to a minimum, damp mop, don’t vacuum etc. But have you considered consulting your HVAC partner? After all, when you turn on your AC this summer you need to make sure that the air you are breathing is exceptionally clean. At Morris Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning the options are endless. We have simple plug in solutions like the Guardian Air to more advanced options like Lennox’s Pure Air system for those desiring whole home air purification. For more information, please call the Morris Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning team at (978) 961-0338 or visit us on line at https://morrisheatingandair.com/